Some models of Netezza (aka IBM’s Pure Data for Analytics) systems have reached their end of life, which means IBM will no longer be providing Netezza support services for them, even if a customer wishes to continue using their purchased appliances.
For replacement components that are still available on the market, we can provide a local on-site ‘spares kit’ so the parts are available if/when you need them.
For parts that are no longer manufactured, we have a network of customers we are supporting and helping to replace their old Netezza systems which potentially can be cannibalised for ‘second hand’ spare parts on a cost + shipping basis if required.
We can also teach you how to physically swap and configure replacement components yourselves (so the system can utilise them - Netezza will only recognise specific models and serial number ranges of parts), and provide remote assistance should you run into any issues whilst doing so.
Comprehensive Netezza Support Training
We can provide training to your team in the following topics. You will have access to a live instructor with extensive Netezza hardware support experience, and in remote sessions scheduled at your convenience:
- System overview. Hardware/software architecture. Boot process walkthrough. Partition (dataslice) understanding. NPS management commands. Backup and restore.
- Cluster overview. Failover/ failback/standalone mode/ maintenance mode. Host health review (understanding DSA logs, system logs). IMM setup. HPF walkthrough. Host platform principals
- NPS analytic components. Initial diagnostics/logs collection. AMM login/logs. Determining if issue is hardware or software related (finding core files, explaining reasons for core generation).
- RHEL/HPF upgrade
- FDT upgrade
- Replacing online components: host disks; spu disks; AMM; PSUs (enclosure, host, H-Chassis); media tray
- Replacing offline components: ESM; Host planar; blade DAC, HBA, planar; Host raid controller, planar; RPCs; Switches SAS, GIG
Ongoing Remote Netezza Support
We’ll give you access to our expert resources and help desk ticketing system up to 24 hours a day to answer any Netezza-related questions you may have. We will also provide remote assistance as necessary to help get you through any problems you may encounter (although please note we can’t fix bugs in the existing Netezza software). Choose the period of cover you require, pay a fixed monthly fee per system (volume discount available).
Additional Data Warehousing Services
If you need any help migrating from Netezza to an alternative platform - whether that be IBM’s Integrated Analytics System, Yellowbrick, Snowflake, or anything else for that matter - we can help with this too, with our separate Lift 'n' Shift Data Warehouse Migration Service
and Smart Data Frameworks
For a competitive quote for any or all of our services, please contact us here
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your contact details and we’ll get in touch to discuss your precise requirements and how we can help.