Smart Data Frameworks is an off the shelf solution for enterprises looking to migrate between almost any database platform to almost any other database platform. It has been developed to allow faster, cheaper and better data integration with shorter time to value. By allowing developers and DBAs to focus on higher value business user needs, our framework takes the risk, cost and time out of “Lift and Shift” type upgrades.
Why Do I Need Smart Data Frameworks?
Smart Data Frameworks will allow you to:
- migrate an existing PureData for Analytics (PDA)/Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Yellowbrick, MySQL, Greenplum, PostgreSQL, Google Big Table, or Db2 database to any of the above database types with just a few clicks,
- keep a source and target system in sync by periodically detecting and migrating deltas between the two,
- reconcile and validate that migrated data matches source data,
- automatically, regularly, and reliably load sequences of flat file source data in the most performant way possible,
- automatically generate custom extract, load, and transform (ELT) and data quality detection logic,
- run SQL scripts against any ODBC-compliant database from any device via a web browser
Smart Data Frameworks (SDF) improves developer productivity, quality, and consistency, whilst simultaneously reducing development, testing, and maintenance timescales, costs, and risk.
How Does Smart Data Frameworks Work?
Smart Data Frameworks consists of:
- a pre-configured virtual machine containing a number of pre-installed software components
- a dedicated metadata database repository for storing control and log information
- customisable templates for performing data management tasks other than just loading e.g. referential integrity checking; database housekeeping; etc.
- a portable GUI front end (that runs on Windows, OSX, Linux, and HTML 5 web clients) for configuring Framework metadata parameters and monitoring the status of executed code
- a command line interface for the scripting/scheduling/execution of Framework data management processes
Other Features of Smart Data Frameworks:
- integrated Release Management for migrating code and database objects between different environments
- automatic email alerts when scheduled processes fail, for whatever reason
- native Teradata function and feature (e.g. SET tables, case insensitive character comparisons) compatibility
For more information click here
or Contact Us